Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge is set against the magnificent backdrop of The Kilimanjaro. This is Africa’s highest mountain and the world’s highest free standing mountain.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge enjoys a uniquely privileged position. This is at the heart of this world-famous national park. This Amboseli Serena safari lodge is secluded within a grove of acacia trees. The safari lodge in Amboseli looks out over the golden savannah plains.
Guests on Amboseli safari to this lodge have uninterrupted views of the mountain itself. Close by are a series of emerald green swamps. They are fed by the melting snows of Kilimanjaro. These attract huge numbers of wallowing elephants, hippos, buffalos and plains game. Meanwhile, from the prehistoric site of Observation Hill, the sunset over Kilimanjaro is magnificent.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge is at the centre of ‘Maasailand’. This Amboseli lodge’s décor reflects the brilliant primary colors and iconic shapes of these legendary warriors. At the heart of this safari lodge in Amboseli is a free-form swimming pool. To either side of the swimming pool stretch the rooms. Each room is housed in a single storey building opening directly on to the grounds. Each room reflects a Maasai manyatta theme, each with its own hand-painted wall frescos.
Facilities at The lodge
This Amboseli safari lodge features a central dining area. This can be reached by a timbered bridge over a melt-water stream. The lounge and bar feature a broad terrace and a blazing fire-pit. Here evening cocktails can be enjoyed.
Activities include daily game drives in custom-built traditional safari vehicles. One can enjoy ‘sundowners’ on Observation Hill, bush breakfasts and bush dinners. There are Maasai dance performances, visits to Maasai villages and tree-planting programmes.
Where is this Amboseli Lodge?
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge is located within Amboseli National Park. This lodge in Amboseli lies approximately 250 kilometres from Nairobi. Amboseli Serena Safari lodge is close to the Tanzanian border. A transfer by road from Nairobi takes approximately 4 hours. If going by air, the Amboseli airstrip is 11 kms from lodge. ‘Meet and greet’ and transfer service can be offered.
Facilities at the Luxury Safari Lodge in Amboseli
- 92 rooms (inclusive of family rooms and suites: all non-smoking)
- Central dining room, internal and external bar
- Free form swimming pool and sundeck
- Gift shop and business centre
- Guided nature walks or bird-watching walks
- Dinner in the bush, breakfast on the plains
- Watch the sun go down over Mount Kilimanjaro
- Spacious interior bar with exterior terrace. Separate exterior campfire bar Visit to Maasai communities, opportunities to buy Maasai handicrafts
- Maasai dance performances in dedicated exterior bush BBQ area. Resident guitarist
- Satellite TV (in communal areas only)
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- Conference centre
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children’s dining/menus
- Massages, facials, pedicures, manicures
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification
Accommodation at the Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
The Amboseli National Park accommodation features luxury ensuite rooms. The rooms come in two single-storey dedicated buildings. The accommodation lies to the right and left of the main reception and dining areas. Each tastefully-appointed room features a Maasai-inspired, hand-painted and wall fresco.
The rooms at Amboseli Serena safari lodge are fitted with king-sized bed or luxurious twins. They are lavished with all-encompassing mosquito-curtaining, bathroom writing unit, and private veranda. Triple rooms can be made available at the Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge.