The magnificent Virunga lodge in Rwanda is perched high on a ridge. This Rwanda safari lodge enjoys stunning views of the Virunga Volcanoes. You will also see the twin lakes Bulera and Ruhonda from the lodge. The lodge offers a premier luxury destination for Rwanda safari tours. It is a base for trekking mountain gorillas in Rwanda.
Virunga lodge in Rwanda
The magnificent Virunga Lodge, celebrated its 15th anniversary in 2019. This Rwanda safari lodge offers one of the best Rwanda gorilla experience and is one of Africa’s finest and most renowned lodges.
The lodge is perched high on a ridge with the finest views in Africa, overlooking the Virunga Volcanoes and the Musanze valley to the west and Lake Bulera and Ruhondo to the east.
The iconic property has defined Rwandese Afro-chic since the lodge was built by Praveen Moman in 2004. The understated, timeless, hand-made style has been further refined to meet the needs of today’s luxury traveller during 2020.
Fantastic food and exceptional personalised service by our carefully trained staff make it the first accommodation choice for tracking the endangered mountain gorilla.
Best Views at Virunga lodge in Rwanda
Virunga lodge in Rwanda has been described as having ‘the best view in the world. It is one of the finest lodges in Africa. The organic, ‘bush-chic’ design reflects the local building style. Virunga lodge in Rwanda offers eco-luxury comforts to all guests.
Each banda has its own terrace with breath-taking views of the Virunga volcanoes. Others have the views of the twin lakes. Sensitive installations such as low-flush toilets and solar power ensure you enjoy luxurious comforts. This is while maintaining a crucial sensitivity to the environment.
Accommodation Facts at Virunga lodge in Rwanda
- 10 Stone guest bandas with tile roofs (2 deluxe, 4 doubles and 4 twins) reflect the local building style.
- En-suite bathrooms with flushing toilet, double vanity, shower with hot and cold running water.
- Rooms have mosquito nets, 240v lighting and a private veranda.
- Bandas are individually named after regional African lakes.
- Tour leader rooms available.
- Wi-Fi available in the main lodge building. For more information about our Rwanda wildlife safaris, contact us.
- Children of 16 years and under staying in the same room as their parents pay US$ 50 per night. Children under 5 years stay for free.
Accommodation is on all-inclusive and meals are included. There is unlimited consumption of alcoholic and soft drinks. Laundry services; and any activities the client wishes to do around the lodges is included. A single complimentary massage is also offered.